Thursday, September 3, 2009

Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

When my daughter was here for a short vacation last month she made these cookies. I don't know where the recipe came from, but I think she might have gotten it off the internet. To me these are PERFECT! I was concerned that the amount of flour might be too much, because I'm always having to adjust that in recipes. But these proportions worked great for me! This is going to be my new chocolate chip cookie recipe.

1 C butter softened
1 C white sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp hot water
1/2 tsp salt
2 C chocolate chips
1 C chopped nuts

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.) Cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar till smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour. Add chocolate chips and nuts.
3.) Drop by large spoonful on to ungreased pans.
4.) Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are slightly brown. DON'T over cook!

No comments: