Sunday, September 27, 2009

Pico De Galla
















Image from
My brother "Choral Responses" posted his favorite salsa recipe. We have many salsa recipes that we like in our family, but here is our family staple. This recipe came from a friend from church who is Mexican. She doesn't measure, and neither do I. I'll give approximate amounts, but you can adjust to your liking.

2-3 Chopped large ripe tomatoes
1/2 Cup Chopped onion (white is best)
1/2 Cup chopped cilantro
3 large finely chopped/seeded fresh jalapeno peppers
1 tsp. cumin
2-3 cloves chopped garlic
the juice from half a lime
salt and pepper to taste

You could also add corn, or kidney beans if desired.

2 comments:

Stick said...

Black beans work nice too. For extra heat, add a serrano chili or two. For you real masochists, add a habenero--1/2 to a whole!ingesses

Delirious said...

Oh, and if you want to make it really spicy, don't take the seeds out of the jalapenos. I usually take out the seeds because even though my tongue loves them, my stomach doesn't.