Friday, May 22, 2009

Popcorn Balls


This recipe came from my sister "Inklings" many years ago. I have made them alot over the years. I use slightly different proportions of candy to popcorn because I like a little more popcorn in it. But the recipe is so easy!

Melt the following over medium heat. Stir as you cook.
1 cube margarine
1 Cup brown sugar
30 marshmallows (the larger size, not miniature)

I air pop 1 large tupperware bowl of popcorn. Inklings microwaves a bag of popcorn. By hand, transfer the popcorn to another large bowl or cookie sheet to sift out the hard "Old maid" kernels. Pour candy mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat. After it is cooled, butter your hands and form it in to balls. I then put each ball in a sandwich bag to make them easier to handle when eating.

No comments: